Blueberry Cheesecake - 1st Attempt

Tuesday, January 3, 2012
I always loved blueberry cheesecakes and have tasted a few over the years from different restaurants. One that I really like is from Missy BON BON of Cagayan de Oro City.
Days before Christmas, my sister and I were talking what we will cook for Christmas and for dessert she suggested that we (try) make blueberry cheesecake. I never made one before but I was curious if how this wonderful no bake cheesecake is made so I made a research online. I found thousands of recipes and out of the thousands I have chosen another Filipina blogger - My Mom-Friday. I really like her recipe but had to make some changes because of the difference in ingredients.
So here is my variation of her recipes:

NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE

Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup (approx. 100g) softened butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice and grated rind (optional)

Cheesecake filling:
1 cup (1 brick) cream cheese
1 cup (1 brick) all purpose cream
1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons liquid milk
3 Tbs unflavored gelatin (I used the local Lady's Choice ALSA GULAMAN so i have to use 3 Tbs instead of 1)
1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)

Topping:
1 can Comstock Blueberry pie filling


My family love it so much they ask me to cook another layer for New Year

Instruction:

Prepare Crust

 1. Mix all the ingredients for crust and press on springform pan or any serving dish you like. 
 2. Cover and refrigerate. 

Prepare Filling

 1. Using a mixer, whip chilled cream and 2 tablespoon sugar until double in size. Set aside.
 2. In a separate bowl, mix remaining sugar into softened cream cheese. Mix until fluffy and set aside.
 3. In a sauce pan, combine milk and gelatine powder. Heat until completely dissolved but do not boil. Remove from heat, pour and beat into cream cheese mixture.
 4. Fold in cheese mixture to the whipped cream and beat on medium to high.
 5. Add lemon juice if you want some zest in your cream filling.

Put everything together

Pour cheesecake mixture to crust. My Mom-Friday suggested that the toppings be added when serving to prevent it from darkening and drying, I added mine an hour before serving so the toppings will be cool too. 


TIPS: ALSA Gulaman is not good for this. My Mum-Friday suggested Knox but I unfortunately can't find it here in Cagayan de Oro City. 







10 comments:

Mom-Friday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom-Friday said...

Thank you for trying my recipe and glad your family liked it :)

I missed your note about being in CDO -- so I hope you can find a better alternative for Alsa since I am not familiar with other brands. I only use Knox.
(Knox is available in a small box with 5 sachets, cost about P60++. You only need 1 sachet per recipe.)

Hope you were not affected by the recent typhoon. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

^thank you for visiting my page mom-friday! yes, my family love it so much specially my sister...

I will try to look for a better alternative for Alsa definitely, don't like it one bit.

Thank you for the concern regarding sendong, we fortunately live in Bukidnon and Cagayan de oro boundary - an hour away from the city proper. thank you very much for the concern.

Happy new year too!!!

joriel conales said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dre Davis said...

Thanks for sharing your blueberry cheesecake recipe and first attempt!! One of my signature dishes is my blueberry cheesecake, so I was happy to see this!  It's great to see how others prepare foods I love so much.

iamlonelytoes said...

ei! thanks for dropping by and for following me via GFC!

I haven't perfected the recipe yet because i cant find the right kind of gelatin. and my sister insisted that i make her one these January 24 and i really hope i can find a good gelatin before then...

 

inah said...

where to buy comstock in CDO?

Jenny said...

Why alsa isnt good for this? I also didnt find knox nearby so i bought alsa but quite hesitant on using it.

iamlonelytoes said...

Alsa will not hold firmly. the result will be runny. delicious, but it will not take form.


I bought my knox at sm. and i think Stars and Stripes have knox too but i agree that knox is kinda hard to find..

iamlonelytoes said...

Comstock would be in gaisano, robinsons and savemore. i dont know on other groceries but the 3 mentioned have a year round supply.

Post a Comment