Baby Leory's Home-made Rice Cereal

Saturday, September 24, 2011
Before my Leroy started eating solids 2 weeks ago, I have already decided to try (as much as possible) to feed him only natural and home-made goods. I never thought it to be so hard. I have to constantly think of new flavors to interest him, have to make sure that everything is clean and cooked properly or indigestion my occur and you don't want to see your baby crying in pain - trust me, it sucks.


As I have said before, I am rookie mom and knows very little about raising a baby and since my mum died before I was even pregnant so no help in there. I have to rely on the internet and my neighbors for tips and tricks.

My first cereal was made of rice. The steps are easy but the process is a bit tricky:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup rice powder
2   cups water


1. Make a paste by adding a 6-10 tablespoon of water to rice powder.

2. Bring water to a boil and add paste. 

3. Stir constantly until thick or until it coats the spoon. 

And you DONE!!!
The tricky part is when not stirred properly, lumps may occur so jut make sure that you stir it immediately after you trow in the paste.

This much rice cereal can last for a few days, just put it in the chiller and heat it every time you need it. I feed my Leroy 2-3  tablespoon so it usually lasts for 6 to 10 meals. 

You can also do a lot of variations to constantly interest your baby's pallet. You can add a pinch of salt or sugar, a squirt of honey, mashed potatoes, squash or banana.

I find it satisfying being a hands-on mom to my baby and cooking for him and to see him eating what I prepared for him just makes my heart grow. 

More baby recipes coming soon!


*  picture to follow!!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment