Banana Muffins w/ Gooey Chocolate

Tuesday, March 27, 2012
I love making muffins and breads out of bananas not just because bananas are available in the Philippines all year round but because I simply love it hot and soft with my coffee on a rainy day or just about any day.

That being said I decided to make Jo-anna's Best Ever Banana Muffins. Why her recipe you ask? Because the ingredients are very easy to find and are on my cupboard already except the Nutella and because she took very good pictures that you are actually sure that they must taste good if they look that good.


Banana Muffins w/ Gooey Chocolate
Ingredients 
1/2 cup margarine
1   cup sugar
2   eggs
1   cup mashed bananas (not more than 1 cup according to Jo-anna)
1 1/2 cup Flour
1   tsp baking soda dissolved in 2 tsps hot water
1   tsps vanilla
a pack of krimstix (not pictured)
* the original recipe called for nutella but I don't have any on hand so I settled for a pack of Krixstix that I bought at a nearby store. They are quite cheap actually but nutella would have been my first choice too.
** original recipe also called for a teaspoon of cinnamon but I am not a great fan of cinnamon so I omitted it.
*** hope Jo-anna is not angry that I massacred her recipe.
Very easy to make!!!
  • Cream together margarine and sugar.  
  • Add one egg at a time then mashed bananas.
  • Add baking soda and water mix and the vanilla, and combine.
  • Sift flour and mix.  
  • Fill your muffin cups with 1/4 full, add a stick of krimstix in the center.
  • Add more batter and bake for 15-20 mins at 350 degree oven.
Makes 24 medium sized muffins! 
It's really good and super easy! Thanks Jo-anna for the recipe it's a keeper!







3 comments:

Jo-Anna said...

Love this!  I'm so glad you liked the recipe! 
Jo-Anna

iamlonelytoes said...

Thank you more sharing!!!

Ricky Albert said...

Hi there,

This is the second time we contacted you about your blog and this is just a follow up. If this message disturbs you, I apologize. I will make sure that this would be my last message that regards to our project.

We MyTaste, one of the biggest recipe search engines in the world, would like to give you an opportunity to add your food blog to the Top Food Blog list, have your recipes indexed on our site and make your recipes available to many people.

If you want to JOIN TOP FOOD BLOGS, add your blog's URL here>>>

http://www.mytaste.ph/join_top_food_blogs

This is one of many ways to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic. EXPOSE YOUR BLOG!!

For any questions: info@mytaste.ph

-ricky

Post a Comment